Railroads in the Roe Jan Area: the RJHS summer exhibit opened July 5 and celebrates the history of our local railroads, particularly the Harlem Division of the New York Central that swept through our community from 1853 through 1974. The exhibit includes old photographs, maps, and the items from the collection of David Saums, formerly of Hillsdale, and many donations from local residents. The exhibit is open every Saturday and Sunday afternoon from 2-4 pm through September 28.
A panel discussion is planned for Sunday, September 21, at 2 pm at the museum. The panel wraps up the summer exhibit currently on display and will include several local railroad aficionados: David Saums, W. George Cook, and Pat Delgrande.