Like you, we believe that preserving and presenting the history and cultural traditions of the Roe Jan community has a tremendous value. Through ongoing field research, a speaker series, and a multimedia archive, we document and conserve our heritage which could easily be lost; through exhibits, media, publication and educational projects, we bring recognition to the skills, talents and traditions of local folks, past and present.
As a member-supported non-profit organization, we rely on your membership to:
- Maintain the historic, now landmarked, church in Copake Falls that serves as our home.
- Promote our belief that the preservation of historic resources supports economic growth and civic pride.
- Provide a program series of speakers that celebrate local history.
- Partner with neighboring organizations–Friends of Taconic State Park, Mount Washington Historical Society, Historic Hillsdale, the Greenport Historical Society, and others–to sponsor special events.
- Archive and display historic records, photographs, and relevant artifacts.
- Capture on video the oral histories of individuals, couples and families who have stories to share about their lives in the Roe Jan community.
- Expand our membership across the five towns in our charter.
- Moving forward, publish a monthly Roe Jan history e-newsletter to all our members.
Please consider renewing your membership by mailing your annual dues today with the enclosed card. As a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, all donations are tax deductible. Your support is absolutely critical to our progress. Please give us the privilege of keeping you among our active members.
Please join us. Annual dues:
Individual – $15.00
Life – $125.00
CREDIT CARD DONATIONS AND DUES HERE.
Mail your check to:
The Roeliff Jansen Historical Society
P.O. Box 172
Copake Falls, NY 12517